A DEVASTATED mum forced to sleep in a police station has been told to move out of the flat given to her just days after moving in.

Margaret Cash, who has been homeless for a year, was forced to bed down in the station with her family a few weeks ago after emergency housing couldn't be found for them.

Last Friday they were moved into a three-bedroom apartment in Dublin’s north inner city, after being told they could have the pad for a week on a trial basis, and then month-to-month after that.

But the mum-of-seven wrote on Facebook: “The landlord needs the apartment back because he has it let from the 2nd of September.

“The council got my hopes up they said it was long-term on a month-to-month basis.

“No such thing, what do I tell my kids? I really can’t cope with this, feel heartbroken.”

The family now has until Friday to find somewhere else to live.

Speaking to the Irish Sun late last night, Margaret, 28, admitted she felt unable to tell the kids about the fresh blow.

She said: “How can I tell them? They’ve been getting settled, putting the posters up on their walls.

“I don’t know where they’ll be enrolled in school because who knows where we’ll be then? How are they supposed to make friends?

“The landlord was lovely, a really, really nice guy but he told me he’s agreed to let it to students from September 2nd.

“The council say they’ll have a flat on Friday but how can you trust them after what’s happened?

Margaret shocked the nation with photos of her sons — Johnny, 11, Tommy, ten, Miley, seven, Jim, four, Rocky, two, and one-year-old Andy — trying to kip on chairs in Tallaght Garda Station.

They were later joined by nine-year-old sister Rebecca in their temporary home.

Margaret was the subject of a lot of online abuse last week and accused of using her children to get a new home.

But she again rubbished trolls’ claims, insisting she still didn’t have a permanent residence. She said: “I’ve been on the housing list 11, 12 years, so I deserve one at this stage, that’s what I say to those people.

“But I still haven’t got one. This is only temporary. Who knows, we could all have to move again in another week."

Similar apartments in the Parnell Street area are being rented for about €2,500 a month.

The mum had released photos of her six sons — Johnny, 11, Tommy, ten, Miley, seven, Jim, four, Rocky, two, and one-year-old Andy — trying to kip on chairs in Tallaght Garda Station. These prompted a huge debate about homeless services across Ireland.

They have since been joined by their nine-year-old sister Rebecca in their new temporary home.

Margaret insists she would still love to have a house ultimately — and the trolls will not silence her.

She told us: “It will not stop me, I will keep highlighting the homeless crisis. There is no limit to how many children you can have — it doesn’t matter if I have one child or more.

“I am not the problem. I don’t know why people have a problem with me. The councils and the Government are the problem.”