FORMER Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is coming to Australia to talk about her future plans after losing the 2016 US election to Donald Trump.

Mrs Clinton is expected to give a candid account of the presidential election and share stories from her New York Times bestseller, What Happened.

Mrs Clinton’s tour An Evening With Hillary Rodham Clinton is being planned by The Growth Faculty.

Since leaving office Mrs Clinton has commanded up to US$300,000 (A$379,000) for delivering major speeches. Tickets for An Evening with Hillary start at $195.

According to a blurb for the event, Mrs Clinton will “free from the constraints of running ... share the intense personal experience of becoming the first woman nominated for president by a major party in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, stranger-than-fiction twists, Russian interference, and an opponent who broke all the rules.”

The event promises to reveal: “What Happened and what’s next.

“Secretary Clinton explains how she got back up after a loss, and how we can all look ahead.

“An illuminating insight into Secretary Clinton’s experience as a woman in politics — she lets loose on this topic, and others, in a way she never has before.”

The Australian Financial Review said Mrs Clinton is expected to headline a number of business events during her time in Australia and visit a close friend who she went to college with and lives in Adelaide.

The identity of the friend is a secret due to security and privacy concerns. Mrs Clinton also visited the friend during her 2012 visit to Adelaide.

During that visit parts of the South Australian capital were placed on lockdown as she visited her friend at a secret location. Mrs Clinton was the first US Secretary of State to visit Adelaide as she travelled in a motorcade of around 20 vehicles and visited a number of regional highlights including local wineries.

Her trip to Australia in 2012 was part of annual US/Australia ministerial talks.

HILLARY CLINTON’S WAVE OF SADNESS

Mrs Clinton’s book What Happened, released in September, revealed sad details about how she coped with her crushing loss to President Trump in the US election.

“I had to fight back a wave of sadness that threatened to swallow me whole,” she writes at the beginning of the book.

“At every step, I felt I had let everyone down. Because I had.”

Her opponents claimed the book was “insufferable”.

Senator John McCain advised Mrs Clinton to “shut up” and “move on” and said she “doesn’t have anything better to do”.

Others have accused her of continuing to whinge about her shock general election loss.

President Trump himself still takes occasional potshots at “Crooked Hillary” on Twitter.

But that hasn’t deterred Mrs Clinton, who made an unexpected cameo at last month’s Grammy Awards, appearing in a celeb-filled skit poking fun at the man who beat her to the US Presidency.

Grammys host James Corden introduced a humorous skit involving Mrs Clinton who appeared reading a copy of Michael Wolff’s controversial book Fire and Fury.
“He had a long-time fear of being poisoned. One reason why he liked to eat at

McDonald’s: Nobody knew he was coming and the food was safely premade,” she read.

The Trump administration was not impressed with US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley claiming the skit “ruined the Grammys”.

Mrs Clinton’s tour kicks off in New Zealand on May 7, followed by Melbourne on May 10 and a final show in Sydney at the ICC Sydney Theatre at Darling Harbour on May 11.