GEORGINA Chapman has broken her silence about sexual assault, harassment and misconduct allegations against her estranged husband, Harvey Weinstein.

“I don’t want to be viewed as a victim because I don’t think I am. I am a woman in a sh*t situation, but it’s not unique,” Chapman, 42, told Vogue in an interview.

The Marchesa designer revealed that following reports of Weinstein’s alleged habitual sexual assault, harassment and misconduct, she didn’t go out in public for five months. She hid out with her close friend of 25 years, actor David Oyelowo, and his wife before staying in London with her parents.

“I was so humiliated and so broken … that I didn’t think it was respectful to go out,” she admitted. “I thought, ‘Who am I to be parading around with all of this going on?’ It’s still so very, very raw. I was walking up the stairs the other day and I stopped; it was like all the air had been punched out of my lungs.”

Chapman confessed she delayed seeing a therapist because she felt like she “didn’t deserve it” when so many other women had suffered. The stress took a physical toll on the British beauty, who says she lost five kilograms in five days because she couldn’t keep food down after the revelation that the man she loved — and with whom she shares daughter India, 7, and son Dashiell, 5 — might be a monster.

She claimed it took “about two days” to absorb the information.

“My head was spinning. And it was difficult because the first article was about a time long before I’d ever met him, so there was a minute where I couldn’t make an informed decision,” she admitted. “And then the stories expanded and I realised that this wasn’t an isolated incident. And I knew that I needed to step away and take the kids out of here.”

“There was a part of me that was terribly naive — clearly, so naive,” she admitted. “I have moments of rage, I have moments of confusion, I have moments of disbelief! And I have moments when I just cry for my children. What are their lives going to be? What are people going to say to them? It’s like, they love their dad. They love him. I just can’t bear it for them.”

Chapman also revealed she has bonded with close Hillary Clinton confidante Huma Abedin, the estranged wife of disgraced US politician, Anthony Weiner, who was caught sending inappropriate photos to teenage girls and is currently serving time in jail.

“This particular club, ironically, it’s not such a small one: women who have had to endure it in such a public way, women like Georgina and me,” Abedin told Vogue. “People don’t feel sorry for us; you don’t get that empathy. People think you’re beautiful, you’re thin, you’re rich, you’re photographed on the red carpet, and you get stuck in this category,” she said.

“There’s so much more depth beyond all that with Georgina.”

Weinstein has repeatedly denied all allegations of sexual harassment, misconduct and any non-consensual sexual activity. The former Miramax and Weinstein Company head is reportedly in the red and can barely afford child support payments for India and Dashiell.

Chapman, who announced her separation from Weinstein in October and was reportedly granted an eight-figure divorce settlement by January, was blindsided by the allegations because she claims she was never suspicious of Weinstein.

“That’s what makes this so incredibly painful: I had what I thought was a very happy marriage. I loved my life,” she said, adding, “I’ve never been one of those people who obsesses about where someone is.”

Chapman also explained that she feels there’s a duality to Weinstein, whom she was married to for 10 years.

“Well, he’s a wonderful father to my kids,” she said. “But initially? He’s charismatic. He’s an incredibly bright, very learned man. And very charitable. He paid for a friend of mine’s mother, who had breast cancer, to go to a top doctor. He was amazing like that. He is amazing like that. That is the tough part of this … this black-and-white thing … life isn’t like that. … He was a wonderful partner to me. He was a friend and a confidant and a supporter.”

But when asked about Weinstein’s current state of mind, Chapman snapped, “Clearly when I was married to him I didn’t know anything about his state of mind, so I’m probably not the best person to ask.”

As for the future of Marchesa, which recently dressed Scarlett Johansson for the Met Gala at the actress’ personal request, Chapman is cautiously optimistic about making a comeback following her split from Weinstein — and she wanted to make it crystal clear that the brand’s red carpet absence was a choice, not necessarily a consequence.

“We didn’t feel it was appropriate [to dress starlets] given the situation,” she said. “All the women who have been hurt deserve dignity and respect, so I want to give it the time it deserves. It’s a time for mourning, really … [But] a lot of people reached out and said, ‘Let me wear something.’”

Johansson was questioned for supporting Chapman but responded, “I wore Marchesa because their clothes make women feel confident and beautiful, and it is my pleasure to support a brand created by two incredibly talented and important female designers.”

Alyssa Milano was also slammed by Charmed co-star Rose McGowan, who first raised allegations about Weinstein’s behaviour, for publicly supporting her friend, Chapman.

“(Chapman) goes through very dark times,” Milano said. “She’s very sad. This is not easy for her, but I have no doubt that not only will she come out on the other side of this, but she deserves to. She’s a good woman.”

McGowan tweeted in response to Milano’s update on Chapman: “You make me want to vomit. You actually gave me a body flashback. Well done, fake one.”