A BEREAVED mum has written a heartbreaking message to the funeral director who was the last person to touch her beloved daughter’s body.

Bridget McCarthy's 11 year-old daughter Avery died six years ago this month when the car her big sister, Jadrian Ochoa, was driving crashed into a telephone pole.

The "loving" schoolgirl was killed instantly in the devastating accident in Wisconsin, US, after the vehicle hit a patch of gravel on October 24, 2012, reports Mirror Online.

The message tells how Avery’s last words to her mother had been: "You know, mom, I really am a God girl."

In it Bridget describes how the funeral director was the "very last person to ever touch my daughter on Earth".

She writes how they washed her child's "stilled, silent body" and changed her into her favourite blue jeans.

Bridget wrote: "I wasn't able to see Avery after - in fact, you looked me right in the eyes and asked me what my last memory of her was.

“Hold on to that,' you said. 'You don't need this.”

Bridget, 45, concludes the message, originally posted on her Stumbling Towards Perfect blog - by thanking the funeral director for "tucking Avery in one very last time".

Bridget, also mum to Jadrian, 23, and nine-year-old Brody McCarthy, lost her "precious" daughter just 19 days after her 11th birthday.

She had dropped off "amazing" fifth-grader Avery at Delavan Christian School in their hometown of Delavan, Wisconsin, earlier that day.

It was hours later that the fatal accident occurred, as the youngster's doting older sister drove her back to their home from a gymnastics class.

Just minutes after leaving the gym, the car hit some gravel and smashed into a utility pole near Whitewater, killing the little girl instantly.