A helpful man came to the rescue of an elderly woman who was driving down the wrong way of a highway in Texas.

Tomas Prado was riding down the freeway in Lubbock, Texas, when he noticed that another vehicle was going the wrong way on August 22.

Prado was immediately terrified by what he saw but quickly jumped into action and began driving the wrong way to alert the driver of their mistake.

'I'm thinking in my head, you know, 'Don't let today be her last day. She doesn't know,'' he explained to WLFI.

The man - who drives for a living - felt that it was just important to get everyone out of immediate danger.

'Personally, if I was to get hit in that bigger transit van that I was in, it could possibly, not necessarily save her, but I could take more of a hit than she probably could,' he added. 'You know, and that was going through my head – is I would rather get hurt than see this woman (get hurt).'

In the brief video, the Good Samaritan manages to flag down the 94-year-old woman and gets her to stop her car.

Prado helps the woman exit the vehicle and efficiently gets her to safety.

'I think there was things that could have been done better and safer on my part, but I'm glad that it worked out the way it did,' he said, confirming that this was the wildest things he has come across while driving 500 miles a day for work. 'I know there was someone looking out for me.'

According to Prado, local police told him that the woman was able to get home safely.