THE website GoFundMe has promised to pay the full balance of the £310k that was donated to a homeless veteran then allegedly spent by the couple who raised them.

The crowdfunding website today said it would make sure Johnny Bobbitt receives what is left of the sum he was promised.

Last October, Bobbitt used his last £15 to buy petrol for Kate McClure, who was stranded on a motorway in Philadelphia. McClure, in return, created a GoFundMe campaign with her boyfriend Mark D'Amico to raise money for Bobbitt to thank him.

But this week, it emerged all £310,000 in his fund was gone, with McClure and her boyfriend Mark D’Amico accused of plundering the donations.

Police confirmed last night they searched their house in New Jersey, as they investigate what happened to the cash. They also towed away the couple's BMW.

The couple is now accused of paying Bobbitt only a portion of the funds while using the rest on gambling and holidays.

GoFundMe made an announcement in a joint statement with a Philadelphia law firm representing Bobbitt, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

The statement said: “GoFundMe's goal has always been to ensure Johnny gets [the] support he deserves. We'll continue to assist with the ongoing law enforcement investigation.”
The company is also actively taking steps to allow contributing donors to get their money back.

Company policy states that donors have until 30 days of making their contribution to submit claims asking for a refund.
But since the campaign took place 10 months ago, GoFundMe is waiving this aspect of its policy so as to allow donors to Bobbitt to submit claim.

Meanwhile, footage today showed cops inspecting the couple's black saloon BMW before it was put on the back of a low-loader and taken away.

A police spokesman said: “Due to the enormous public interest in this matter, I am confirming that a search warrant was executed early this morning at the residence of Mark D’Amico and Katelyn McClure in connection with a criminal investigation into the Johnny Bobbitt matter.

“As of this time, there have been no charges filed."

His lawyer Christopher C. Fallon Jr. told nj.com: "There is no money left. Where the money went, I have no idea."

He added that his client was "completely devastated".

It comes a week after Bobbitt revealed there was only £105,000 left with the couple admitting to spending half the cash.

Since the incident McClure and D'Amico have been on holidays Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

Bobbitt also revealed he is back on drugs.

In an interview with the Inquirer last week, D'Amico said he controls the money and will start dispensing it when Bobbitt gets a job and stops using drugs.

"Giving him all that money, it's never going to happen. I'll burn it in front of him," he said, adding that giving an "addict" the money would be like "giving him a loaded gun."

Instead of the house they promised to buy him the couple bought him a camper van and put it on land owned by a relative.

They have since told him to leave saying he stole from them and blew the cash handouts they gave him on drugs.

The couple say they spent £155,000 on the camper, the hotel Bobbitt stayed in beforehand, an SUV, TV, laptop, two cell phones, £19,000 in cash which they claim he blew through and a £23,000 fee taken by GoFundMe.

Bobbitt questions the couple's motives and fears they may have squandered the money.

"I think it might have been good intentions in the beginning, but with that amount of money, I think it became greed." Bobbitt said.