THE girlfriend of a biker who died in a fatal smash has revealed his heartbreaking final words to her.

Liam Holding, from Basildon, Essex, died on September 27 after he was involved in a collision while riding a motorbike on the A12.

The 24-year-old had just spent a few days with girlfriend Katie Maynard, 25, and was heading home when he was killed.

He was pronounced dead at the scene after the smash involving a lorry.

Paying tribute Katie told Essex Live: "He is my first love and my soul mate through and through.

"He treated me like a queen and for that, I will continue to smile for him."

Describing the last time she spoke to him, she said: "He left mine to go home. He kissed me and said 'It's happened. I love you. Try not to miss me too much'."

Katie has also described the three days they spent together before Liam's death as "the best ever".

The pair had been in a relationship for just a month but Katie said they were already planning their future together.

Katie, who has has since had a "Ride Safe, Always" tattoo on her chest, said: "I met Liam by pure accident. I posted a picture of me on my bike to a motorbike page and it was meant to be a women's only page.

"He messaged me with a funny comment about how I opened a can of worms now with all those men and we never stopped talking since.

"We were only together for a short time.

"I first started talking to Liam in July and we met for the first time at the start of August.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend on September 2, so we weren't together long but you know when it's right and we had so many plans about moving forward in life.

"He took on all of my past experiences and built me up in such a short space of time.

"I was in a really dark place before I met him and on one night, he even looked at me and said 'I'm going to fix you'. He did just that and so much more."

No arrests were made in connection with the crash.