Hollywood megastar George Clooney has hit out at the media’s obsession with his royal friend, Meghan Markle.

Speaking at an event in Los Angeles, Clooney claimed that the media treatment of the Duchess of Sussex mirrored that of the late Princess Diana.

“They’re just chasing Meghan Markle everywhere, she’s been pursued and vilified,” Clooney said during a panel at the Television Critics Association’s Winter Press Tour.

“She’s a woman who is seven months pregnant and she is being pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that Diana was, and it’s history repeating itself.

“And we’ve seen how that ends. I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to see that.”

Clooney and his wife Amal are close friends of Meghan and Harry’s and attended their wedding in Windsor last May.

Clooney also shut down reports that he could end up being a godfather for the royal baby. “No, I’m now a father of twins, I’ve got enough s***. Literally, literally s***,” he joked.

It comes amid revelations Meghan’s father could face legal action from Kensington Palace after leaking his daughter’s private letters.

Meghan’s five-page letter, written in August last year, was leaked by her dad to a newspaper over the weekend, reports The Sun.
The contents of the letter have been shared around the world and 74-year-old Thomas Markle is said to be prepared to release more of the bombshell letter.

In it, Meghan criticised his wayward behaviour and accused him of “creating so much pain”.

She also suggested her dad has been “exploiting” her relationship with Prince Harry in the explosive note.

Under UK law, Meghan, 37, owns the copyright of the handwritten letter which was published.

And it has now emerged that Palace aides are believed to be taking legal advice before the Duchess of Sussex decides whether to take action, reports the Telegraph.

In her letter, Meghan also referred to the CCTV footage incident which proved her dad staged pre-wedding photographs with the press in America.

She also pleaded with her dad to “stop lying” and accused him of “fabricating stories” to manufacture a fictitious narrative.

Mr Markle’s daughter Samantha Markle, 53, described the letter as being “so nasty” and added her dad is “prepared to release more of it”.

He wrote back and denied ever attacking Harry.

Mr Markle said: “I wish we could get together and take a photo for the whole world to see.

“If you and Harry don’t like it? Fake it.”