A YOUNG girl was hospitalised following a sick attack by two minors outside a school, the Irish Sun can reveal.

Aliesha Hardestry, 12, was left with a serious concussion after the 15-minute violent assault outside St Louis Secondary in Dundalk, Co Louth.

She was pulled to the ground outside her school on Thursday afternoon and kicked in the head a number of times during an attack that has shocked the town.

Speaking to the Irish Sun, Aliesha’s mum Joyce told how her daughter could have been killed in the cowardly attack, which left her requiring CT scans to assess the damage.

She said: “My daughter was standing outside the school last Thursday and two girls jumped her.

“And when I say they jumped her, they held her to the ground, they started kicking her head, they were bashing her head against the wall. They really, really gave her a bad doing for about ten or 15 minutes.

“It was her bus driver that seen her and had to stop them by pulling her on to the bus.

“They kicked and stamped on her head for 15 minutes. I’ve been in hospital all last weekend getting scans and being monitored — she’s lucky to still be alive. She is absolutely traumatised after this as are we, her family.

“This happened on Thursday and I brought her to the hospital and they said she’d a concussion. Then on Saturday at 4am in the morning I had to bring her back up to the hospital.

“She has a bad concussion. She’s depressed, she doesn’t want to leave the house, she’s by my side 24/7. She’s only 12. She just started first year.”

Gardai have launched an investigation into the unprovoked attack and it is understood they have spoken to a number of witnesses.

Heartbroken mum Joyce is furious with how the school has handled the attack so far and says her daughter was told not to talk about the assault.

Joyce explained: “The guards could have been down knocking on my door telling me my daughter’s dead.

“My daughter was told not to talk about it . . . They don’t want it on social media, or talked about.

“The parents are going berserk over it. One of the mammies I talked to said she was talking to another mammy who hadn’t a clue about what was going on.

“She asked her daughter then, ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ and the girl started crying and said, ‘Mammy, I couldn’t tell you because we were going to get in trouble if we told anyone’.

“With all that’s going on about bullying now, it’s unreal students would be told not to talk about it.”

A statement for the school read: “We were upset as a school community to hear about an incident that took place after school, outside the grounds, on the evening of Thursday 4th, October 2018.

“In response, we followed our agreed Code of Behaviour to ensure students were treated with fairness, care and respect.

“We are not permitted to comment further, in line with the Children’s Act, 2001.”