THE daughter of serial killer couple Fred and Rose West has opened up about life in the Gloucester House of Horrors.

Traumatised Mae West also revealed how she cut off her mum for not giving "straight answers' about her role in the grisly murders.

In 1995 Rose was convicted of 10 murders, while Fred who admitted 12 murders hanged himself while on remand in prison. He had confessed to killing up to 30 victims.

Speaking to The Daily Mail, she blasted: "When she wrote to me from prison - her letters arrived every week - and said she’d try to be a proper mum and tell me whatever I needed to know, I decided to ask her about Heather when I next visited her.

"And I watched her squirm. I thought: 'She’s not going to give me an honest answer for all her promises.'

"And she never has done. You never got straight answers. It makes it worse for the families of victims because she is the only one alive now who knows the truth - and yet she hasn’t told it.

"She stopped writing to me. I’m not on her visitors’ list any more. It was quite a relief to end contact with her. It had become a burden.

"Her death will be the next thing (she is 64), and I suppose she might make a deathbed confession. I just wish she’d tell the truth to the authorities, then we’d all know, wouldn’t we?"

She also revealed how her mum stood by as her uncle raped her as a 5-year-old - with her dad believing it was his parental duty to "break in" his daughters.

Mae told how her half-sister Anne Marie was raped by Fred as an eight-year-old - with Rose a participant in the assault.

She visited her mum in prison for ten years, pandering to her demands for cash and clothes until breaking contact in the mid 2000s.

Rose West is currently imprisoned at HMP Low Newton in Durham where guards are protecting her from other inmates. She was the mother of three children - Heather, Mae and Stephen.

Cops discovered the couple would pick up or abduct girls from bus stops around Gloucester and imprison them for several days before killing them.

Their sickening crimes began to unravel when Fred was accused of raping his 13-year-old daughter in 1992, and Rose was arrested for child cruelty.