THEY were billed as the one big success story from Bachelor In Paradise — but just a few months after their televised proposal, Sam Cochrane and Tara Pavlovic are locked in a bitter public feud.

The formerly loved-up couple announced last month that they’d split up, with Pavlovic saying last week the pair were the “worst versions” of themselves when they were together.

She also told Daily Mail their relationship had become “toxic”, with Cochrane repeatedly threatening to leave her and then waiting for her to beg him to take her back.

Yesterday the pair’s breakup moved to the weekly women’s mags, with Cochrane telling his side of the story to Woman’s Day.

He alleged that Pavlovic drank to excess while they were together — a habit that he claims led to physical and verbal abuse.

“At weekends it was this bingeing thing and then it would be the put-downs and the verbal attacks,” he told Woman’s Day. “But the next day the Tara I really liked was back and she didn’t remember what she’d said, so we’d recover.”

Cochrane said their relationship “spiralled” into “drinking and violence” after Bachelor In Paradise finished filming and the couple returned from Fiji.

“I was too ashamed and embarrassed to tell my friends and family because everyone was so excited we were engaged and there was the added pressure that the show hadn’t aired,” he said.

Pavlovic today took to social media to hit back at Cochrane, posting a lengthy caption to a photo on Instagram Stories in which she’s shown drinking a glass of water.

“On the waters can you bloody believe it! How good is that for an apparent alcoholic,” she wrote.

“I am getting so many messages from women who have been through the same thing I recently went through. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences with me and sending your love. I feel lucky that I was in a similar relationship when I was younger. So, after six months I was able to recognise the signs and walk away without guilt when he cried begging me back.

“For any girls struggling in an emotionally abusive relationship, there is an article I read about dating a narcissist that really helped me understand what was going on. I’ve done a swipe up link for anyone who wants to read it. You’re not crazy.”

In a previous Instagram story, Pavlovic warned her followers: “Don’t let narcissistic people with hidden agendas emotionally bring you down.

“There are terrible people in this world. I’ve learned that over the past six months. I reached a low I never knew I could reach and I turned into a person I have never been before,” she wrote.