THE mother of a 14-year-old girl who died in the Florida high school massacre is not backing down on her call for US President Donald Trump to solve America’s gun violence crisis.

After Lori Alhadeff’s emotional on-camera plea made headlines on Friday, she has again called out Trump, this time invoking his 11-year-old son Barron as she implored him to take action.

Looking straight down the camera during an interview with CNN, Alyssa’s mother said:

“President Trump, Barron goes to school, so let’s protect all these other kids here in Parkland in Florida and everywhere else in the United States of America.

“Because we earned it just like how you earned the right to protect Barron.”

“You need to help us now,” she implored. “We need security now for all these children that have to go to school. We need action, action, action.”

Mrs Alhadeff described the traumatic experience of preparing for her daughter’s funeral.

“I just saw my daughter cold as can be, shot in the heart, shot in the head, shot in the hand, dead, cold as can be,” she explained.

“She is gone. I don’t think I can wrap my head around that or no other person around the world could either.”

In the aftermath of the Florida high school shooting that left 17 dead and a dozen others injured, grieving parents along with surviving students and teachers are lashing out at the US government over gun violence and pleading for action.

The Florida shooting has stirred the long-simmering US debate on the right to bear arms, which are protected by the Second Amendment of the US Constitution. Schools across the country have installed electronically secured doors and added security staff, but few legislative solutions have emerged.

The aunt of a 14-year-old killed in a Florida school shooting is also calling for action — not prayers — to prevent more mass shootings.

Abbie Youkilis has written a letter that begins “Dear America” and calls for politicians to be held accountable for gun violence.

Her niece, Jaime Guttenberg, was one of 17 people killed on Wednesday in the shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school.

Youkilis wrote: “My family does not want your hopes and prayers. We want your action.”

She said Second Amendment gun rights have been distorted beyond any rational interpretation.

Youkilis said her niece would have wanted her to make a political issue of her death, saying, “This is political and now this is personal.”

Meanwhile, Jaime’s father has given a heartbreaking speech during a vigil for the victims.

“My job is to protect my children and I sent my kid to school,” he said, saying he expected her to be safe there.

He recounted how sometimes when she’s running late and rushes out the door, he doesn’t always get to tell his daughter he loves her.

“I don’t remember if I said that to Jaime yesterday morning,” he said, fighting back tears.

“What is unfathomable is that Jaime took a bullet and is dead.”