A father who flashed female joggers along Sydney's Bay Run has been sentenced to at least eight months in jail.

Andrew James Grant, 29, was arrested after a police hunt for a man with 'prominent front teeth' and today was sentenced to 17 months in prison with a non-parole period of eight months.

One of the offences occurred in February 2016, while the six others were committed between January and February 2018.

He pleaded guilty in June to four counts of stalking and intimidation, two acts of indecency, and one count of common assault.

He will also be placed on a three-year good behaviour bond upon release.

In Central Local Court on Wednesday, magistrate Beverley Schurr backdated the sentence to his arrest on March 6 - meaning Grant will be eligible for parole in November.

Grant was also given an additional three-year good behaviour bond requiring supervision and sexual assault counselling.

Appearing via video link, Grant told the court he was 'ashamed and deeply remorseful'.

He said he'd failed as a son, partner, father to a newborn, and as a member of the community.

'I've imposed my deluded thoughts on innocent people ... I had absolutely no right to do so and it was totally unacceptable.

'I understand my actions had a very negative impact and caused great distress. I am truly sorry.'

Police prosecutor Jamie Palmer today argued Grant's offending had escalated and demonstrated a 'brazen' disregard for others.

He said: 'This is an area where women go to exercise, where families go to exercise.

'He created an element of fear for the community that they were not safe to do so.

'These women who were approached had to run to safety. They were scared. They were concerned about what was going to happen.'

Outside court Grant's lawyer Joseph Nashed said: 'He (Grant) is remorseful. He just wants to move on with his life and he is apologetic for the victims.'