A PUSSY Riot activist who invaded the World Cup final has been rushed to hospital after "losing his sight and ability to move" - amid fears he was poisoned.

Pyotr Verzilov was taken to Bakhrushin City Clinical Hospital in Moscow on Tuesday, according to a report on Russian news website Meduza.

His family told the newspaper doctors turned away his mother and refused to say what condition he was in.

Veronika Nikulshina, who was part of the punk collective which stormed the football match in July, said Peter woke up on Tuesday evening "unable to see".

She said: "From eight to ten it became worse... first sight, then the ability to talk, then the ability to walk right.

"When the ambulance arrived, he answered all the questions saying 'no, I did not eat anything, did not take any substance.'

"He became worse all the time faster, convulsions began. He fell into such a half-sleepy, half-forgotten state, stopped reacting to me, recognising me..."

She claims Peter was taken to the toxicology department at 1am, but medics refused to tell her if he had been poisoned.

Veronika said the only information staff would give her was that he had started to "react to his name".

It comes after reports that Veronika and an unidentified friend were arrested in their car after being stopped by police on Monday.

Pussy Riot claimed in a tweet: “Moscow police is now claiming that Nika and her friend were refusing to agree to a ‘terrorist check’ of their car – and they had to be arrested. Crazy accusations!

“The girls have been arrested in their car for absolutely NOTHING. Moscow police is still mad after the World Cup action."

A report by the Guardian claims that Peter was also arrested on Monday outside his home.

Both Peter and Veronika were jailed for 15 days in July after storming the World Cup pitch, where France was playing Russia, wearing police uniforms.

It was part of a protest calling for the release of political prisoners, to stop policing people's political views on social media and for more open political competition.

Pussy Riot are vocal critics of Vladimir Putin and what they regard as a repressive political climate in Russia.

Russian news website Meduza, where the report originated, is run by a group of journalists opposed to Kremlin and based in Latvia to evade censors.