AMIR Khan’s wife Faryal Makhdoom disgusted her fans by referring to herself as a “p**i” in her most recent Instagram picture.

The American born model used the term in a caption when she posed a picture of herself in a shalwar kameez, which is a traditional Pakistani outfit.

Faryal, 27, wrote next to the snap: “The p**i inside of me…”

The derogatory term caused outrage and her followers turned on Faryal – blasting her as “disgusting”.

One told her: “P**i is a word that was used just before ‘go back home,’ insult and target Asians and the people of Pakistan…my children are half Pakistani and I wouldn’t allow them to ever call themselves ‘p*ii’ – ‘Pakistani’ , yes, but not the word that white people in England once and still do play with.”

Another commented: “I am not Pakistani but I find that word ‘P...’ very offensive and derogatory!”

While a third blasted Faryal and said: “Disgusting for you to use the word ‘P**I’ ! It’s a term used by racists and not terminology to be proud of!”

Following the backlash, Faryal changed the caption and it now reads: “The Pakistani inside of me.”

Last month she caused uproar after calling transgender star Caitlyn Jenner by her former name Bruce - just days after Amir had been forced to apologise for the same blunder.

The couple were at the ESPY Awards at the Microsoft Theatre in LA when she called Caitlyn by her former name.

Faryal’s rep said afterwards she was overexcited to see Caitlyn and did not mean to offend.

They said: “Faryal was certainly not mocking Caitlyn.

“[She] was genuinely starstruck to see her as she has been a fan for years.”