The family of a decorated National Guard veteran who died on a flight to China three weeks ago finally received his body on Saturday.

Now they want answers.

“The Chinese death certificate isn’t very specific,” said Marcus Easy, whose father, Norman Easy, dropped dead miles above the sky on a routine business trip to Shanghai Dec. 7.

“It just says sudden death. We feel very uninformed.”

Norman, 57, a health care executive, arrived in casket at JFK around 2 p.m., following a battle to bring him home between his relatives and the Chinese government, Marcus told The Post.

“Now the process can be started as far as the grieving,” he said.

“I feel a little bit closer to getting answers, and it makes it a little more real. I am trying to think positive. It’s just so strange and unexpected.”

His father was returned to the US aboard a cargo flight operated by China Eastern Airlines, the same carrier Norman took to Shanghai, where he hoped to close a procurement deal for his company, Siemens Healthineers USA.

“It was basically just the first flight out,” Marcus said.

The Chinese government agreed to release Norman’s body after his family hired a private security firm to fly to China and look into his death.

They signed a waiver agreeing not to challenge the official Chinese account of what happened, Marcus said.

While it’s still unclear what time Easy died, Chinese officials provided new details to the family about his final hours, including that he didn’t eat or drink during the 15-hour flight.

Easy declined his first business class meal, Marcus said, and was asleep for the second meal. When flight attendants went to wake him up for the third, his body was cold to the touch.

The decorated former Lieutenant Colonel, who served two tours of duty in Iraq, flew to China about every two months, according to Marcus.

Marcus and Easy’s widow, Nitxia, watched as Easy’s casket arrived in the cargo area at JFK, got loaded into a hearse and taken to a Bethpage funeral home.

Marcus said they have yet to see his remains, and are uncertain what methods were used to preserve his body at a morgue in China.

The family is paying $5,000 for an independent autopsy to be performed Monday. Siemens covered the $20,000 cost to bring Easy home and hire a security firm, Marcus said.

“I’m eager for Monday. I’m just kind of clueless at this point,” he said. “It’s just so strange and unexpected. If the autospy raises any further suspicions, we will go from there.”

Easy will be honored with a military burial at Calverton National Cemetery, following a funeral on Jan. 4.