AN evil couple suffocated four newborn quads to death with plastic bags moments after they were born because they didn’t want them.

Aleksandra J., 27, and her partner Dawid W., 37, hid three of the bodies in a stove at their home while the other tot was found buried under a tree.

The couple were arrested after the bodies were found by police on a farm in Ciecierzyn in the Opolskie Voivodeship in south-western Poland.

Local residents had reported them to the authorities after revealing Aleksandra J. had been pregnant four times in the last five years but the infants had never been seen.

When residents would ask Aleksandra J. if she was pregnant, she is believed to have told them: "I just have problems with my stomach, I'm not pregnant."

It is believed that Dawid W. put pressure on his partner not to report her pregnancies to the healthcare system as he did not want to have more children with her.

According to investigators, the couple's murders of the baby quads followed the same pattern.

Aleksandra J. gave birth to children at home in the bath before she immediately was said to have put her newborns into a plastic bag where they suffocated to death.

The sick couple has now been charged, with Aleksandra J. facing four counts of murder while her partner Dawid W. stands accused of four counts of accessory to murder.

Aleksandra J. also reportedly raised one of her own children, now six years old.

One of the neighbours told reporters: "I can't say a bad word about her. She took care of her son, she was very social.

"The child was well-dressed, nice looking. What happened under the roof of their home is terrible."

Both suspects face life in prison if they are found guilty. The investigation is ongoing.