Uber is sending an email to people who canceled their accounts over the weekend reminding them that the company thinks President Donald Trump's immigration ban is "unjust, wrong, and against everything we stand for as a company."

Quote Search
QUOTES IN THE ARTICLE
The Advisory Board Co
ABCO

▲48.45+2.30+4.98%
The email suggests that the #DeleteUber movement, which arose on Twitter over the weekend and encouraged people to delete the Uber account from their phones, is having an effect.

Earlier today, a user tweeted a pictures of two emails that users received from Uber after deleting their account. Uber is sending the email on the right today to users who are canceling their accounts, CNBC has confirmed.

Uber.com - Drive for what matters
Uber.com
714000+ followers on Twitter
AdMake extra money for all the things you want and need with Uber.
Make Good Money Driving
Industry-Leading Coverage
Signup To Drive With Uber
Need a Car? We Can help
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Follow
#PettyPendergrass @ashoncrawley
#uber must be hemorrhaging. on the left is the email i received when i deleted my account sat, the right is what my friend received today.
5:53 PM - 31 Jan 2017
242 242 Retweets 337 337 likes

The email reminds those former users that Uber "shares your views on the unjust immigration ban," and guides them to CEO Travis Kalanick's statement on the issue. In that statement, Kalanick explains how Uber is planning to compensate drivers who are temporarily stuck outside the country because of the order.

The #DeleteUber movement started after the New York Taxi Workers Alliance called for a temporary halt to rides heading to John F. Kennedy airport as a gesture of solidarity with visitors who were held there after Trump's sudden order to restrict entry from seven predominantly Muslim countries. Uber continued to send drivers to JFK and announced it would not charge surge pricing:

Follow
Uber NYC ✔ @uber_NYC
Surge pricing has been turned off at #JFK Airport. This may result in longer wait times. Please be patient.
7:36 PM - 28 Jan 2017
515 515 Retweets 1,156 1,156 likes

Critics are also noting Kalanick's role on Trump's Economic Advisory Board, which was also the subject of a protest in San Francisco on inauguration day.

Meanwhile, competitor Lyft donated $1 million to the ACLU, garnering support among the protesters, although Lyft has its own ties to the Trump administration through investor Carl Icahn.

Uber would not comment on the number of people who have canceled their accounts, but it's clearly a lot higher than normal and the company seems to be more than a little concerned about it.