THE devastating impact of the strawberry sabotage saga has been revealed as growers hit hard by the crisis are forced to throw out truckloads of perfectly good fruit.

Stephanie Chheang shared a video of moutains of her plump berries produced by her family’s business, Donnybrook Berries, that would be left to rot.

Ms Cheans said watching the strawberries being dumped was “the worst thing to ever happen to my family”. She said the load was worth more than anyone could imagine, and the family lost it all in just three days because the markets would not accept them.

Donnybrook Berries was one of the brands impacted by needle contamination.

Queensland Health confirmed strawberries from the company, the company which supplies to supermarkets nationwide from its farms north of Brisbane, had been found contaminated with sewing needles.

One contaminated Donnybrook punnet had been identified in Tweed Heads on the New South Wales border, as well as one in Redbank Plains, west of Brisbane and another in the northern Brisbane suburb of Everton Park.

The strawberry industry has been plunged into chaos after needles were found in fruits across the country, sparking consumer panic.

The strawberry sabotage saga has since spread overseas as the search for a culprit turns into a nationwide manhunt.

Ms Chheang said the impact had been devastating.

“My mum Leena Lee Cufari and my stepdad has worked years to build the empire they’re sitting on now,” she wrote on Facebook.

“They put all their money and effort in to build such a successful business.

“They work hard to make the money for our family and to have these selfish individuals destroy it is just so upsetting.”

Ms Chheang said her mum worked day and night controlling their shed and her 250 employees, making sure her strawberries were packed to perfection.

“This will not stop my family from doing what they do best, if anything they’re going to do better,” she said.

“I thank everyone who supports us and all the other farmers who were affected by this horrible issue.

“We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”

Ms Chheang said Donnybrook Berries would be adding precautions and putting in metal detectors and other safety equipment to ensure the best quality strawberries for consumers.