PROVOCATIVE clothing company Dolls Kill has been accused of "sexualizing children" with its Lolita clothing collection.

The US brand, who ship to Britain within one to two weeks for just £7, reckon the controversial line is perfect for the Spring Fling, picnics, festivals or going out with your BFFs - but not everyone's a fan.

Lolita is a cult 1955 novel by Russian-American author Vladimir Nabokov.

The story is told by an unreliable narrator, Humbert Humbert, who is obsessed with a 12-year-old girl called Dolores - who he then repeatedly drugs and rapes when she becomes his stepdaughter.

Dolls Kill's line, where prices range from £3.58 to £71.70, includes a wedding-style 'innocence' crop top and a 'so precocious' lingerie set with the word Lolita stamped on it - which is Humbert's nickname for Dolores.

The word 'precocious' means a child who has developed certain abilities or inclinations earlier than expected.

While some shoppers are obsessed with the clothes, others are more concerned by the apparent glamorisation of a novel about paedophilia and child sex abuse.

And some have noted that the models used to show off the clothes are all young looking and without visible body hair.

Taking to Twitter and Instagram, shoppers slammed: "Oh ya! When a 12 year old was habitually raped by her stepfather! And now we want to perpetuate the infantilization of women for the male gaze!!!

"Keep women small, hairless, and obedient!! Great message!! Really love this brand!!!!"

Others wrote: "the recent dolls kill lolita line really got me reconsidering every n all purchases i made from them...." and "can we stop with the little girl romanticisation now it's 2018 it's creepy and gross".

While more shoppers said: "Love this store, but Lolita's story is not one to be fetishized", and "Nah can't get behind this, it's just wrong. Lolita is fully about a grown mans paedophilic obsession with a kid".

Commenting on a snap of the undies, posted on Dolls Kill's Instagram, one shopper asked those raving over the clothes: "Have any of you read this book?

"It's about a girl who gets molested by her step father. Just because Lana del ray wrote a song about it doesn't mean you should be wearing it across your coochie."

But another shopper said she was torn, writing: "Part of me is cringing over how hyped up the f***ing sexualization of a child is, but another part of me is crying bc the clothes are all beautiful".