AMANDA LEWIS was told she could never be a mum after going through the menopause at 11.

But here she is with partner Tom Hill and their mini miracle, Oryn.

Beaming Amanda gave birth three weeks ago after getting pregnant via IVF using Tom’s sperm and a donor egg.

The 31-year-old pole dancing and fitness instructor, who had hormone replacement therapy to help, hopes to have more children in future using embryos she and Tom have frozen.

Amanda, from Nuneaton, Warwickshire, says: “I hadn’t had any periods since I was 11. I had put on weight and my mood was really, really low. I was 13 when I was diagnosed. The doctor said, ‘When you want to have a family you won’t be able to.’

“It was heartbreaking. I felt quite bleak about the future. I had a dark cloud around me.

“The fact that I have been able to be pregnant and now have a baby is a miracle. I love being a mum and I’m really excited for our future with Oryn.”

At the time Amanda was diagnosed, little was known about early menopause. It was not until she was in her twenties that investigations discovered she could not produce eggs.

She says: “I was advised to go on HRT to boost oestrogen and keep my womb healthy in case I ever wanted to carry a baby.”

Last year, 12 months after Amanda met software developer Tom, 28, they decided to try for a baby using a donor egg.

As the NHS waiting list was so long, they used credit cards and loans to fund £10,000 treatment at CARE Fertility Northampton.

Amanda says: “We met a donor co-ordinator who asked what characteristics we would want. She mentioned they had a mixed- raced donor who had left some eggs frozen.

“She had the same hair and eye colour and was the same height as me. She had written a letter about herself and her personality sounded similar to mine.

“On the fifth day of taking the hormones, the embryo was transferred to the womb and six days later I took a pregnancy test and it was positive.

“I was convinced we were having a boy and we found out at our 15-week scan. I was around six months pregnant when I felt him kick for the first time.

“It was reassuring to feel him moving around so I started to relax and enjoy the pregnancy. I felt so lucky.”

Doctors induced Amanda at 38 weeks and after four days she had to have an emergency caesarean.

She says: “I’d been so looking forward to the moment I’d meet our baby but I was so out of it, I didn’t know what was going on around me.

“I found out later his head had been in the wrong position so having a natural birth would have been impossible.”

The following day, Amanda came round from all the medication and had a chance to properly meet her baby. She says: “I had sent Tom home from the hospital to catch up on some sleep so there was just me and Oryn. His eyes were fixed on me. We had been through so much to get him here and as I held him, the bond between us felt so natural.

“He looks just like Tom but he has my nose and full lips. Friends have even commented that he looks like me even though we don’t share the same genes.

“I worry slightly that he might feel disconnected from me when he’s older because he isn’t genetically mine but we’ll deal with it.”

Amanda is not breastfeeding so over the next few weeks her hormones will dip again and she will go through the menopause for a second time.

She says: “I stopped taking HRT before I got pregnant but my body will give me signs when it’s time to go back on it as my menopausal symptoms will come back. I don’t suffer with hot flushes but I normally put on weight and have low moods.”

For now, Amanda and Tom are enjoying every minute with Oryn.

Amanda says: “We’d love to give Oryn a sibling.

“We still have three frozen embryos, so we’re going to give it a couple of years.

“It would cost around £2,000 to have another embryo transferred and we’ve paid £600 to keep the embryos in storage for three years.

“We are also going to tell Oryn where he came from as soon as he’s old enough to understand. He’ll have the option to make contact with his egg donor.

“I would love to meet her. I know she has a child already so Oryn has a half-sibling out there somewhere.

I’ve kept a diary on my YouTube channel, Amanda Dawn, about my condition and IVF journey which Oryn will be able to look back on.

“It’s been a rollercoaster but I hope by sharing my story, it will help other young women who go through early menopause.

“I thought I would never be a mum — but it is possible. I just wish there had been people to talk to back then who had been through a similar experience.”

Tom says: “It’s hard to describe what it feels like to be a dad. Although it’s all new, it feels like Oryn has always been here.

“It’s easy to forget everything we went through to get him here.

“It was a turbulent journey but there’s so much to enjoy now. The future is going to be a lot of fun.

“Amanda is doing a brilliant job. Each time she picks him up her face is beaming. She’s a natural.”