RAPPER Sean "Diddy" Combs has broken his silence today as he pays tribute to his former partner Kim Porter.

Model and actress Porter, mother of three of Combs' children, died on Thursday at the age of 47.

The music mogul shared a montage containing photos and video clips of them on social media.

He wrote: "For the last three days I've been trying to wake up out of this nightmare. But I haven't.

"I don't know what I'm going to do without you baby. I miss you so much.

"Today I'm going to pay tribute to you, I'm going to try and find the words to explain our unexplainable relationship."

In another tweet he said: "We were more than best friends, we were more than soulmates.

"WE WERE SOME OTHER S***!! And I miss you so much.

"Super Black Love."

Porter herself had been praising him on Instagram in the weeks and days leading to her death.

The actress and model — who has three kids with the musician — was discovered at her home in LA following a cardiac arrest after "battling flu for weeks".

Sean "Puff Diddy" Combs and Porter had the ultimate on-off relationship — which was tumultuous to say the least.

But Porter's last Instagram post suggests affection for Diddy, with one showing him with their family - which despite their rocky relationship has held firm.

A message alongside said simply "LOVE".

In another post she left this poignant message: "I trust in divine timing. The universe has my back."

Pals of the rapper said he was "devastated and shocked" with a source telling People he was "still very close friends".

TMZ reports Kim had been battling an illness, either the flu or pneumonia, over the last few days and was being treated with saline and vitamins.

Cops say the actress and model had felt unwell and went to bed early on Wednesday night but when family members went to wake her the next morning she was unresponsive.

Emergency crews were raced to her home at around midday on Thursday but paramedics pronounced her dead on arrival.

No illegal drugs were found and authorities are reportedly looking into whether she had contracted a disease following a recent trip to Africa.

Homicide cops are reportedly investigating to see if any "foul play" is involved, although there is nothing to suggest there is.

A source said she had contacted her doctor complaining she wasn't feeling any better after suffering the flu-like symptoms.

Kim split with Diddy for good in 2007 and the pair have three children together - twin girls Jessie James and D'Lila, 11, and son Christian Combs, 20.

She had another child, Quincy, from her previous relationship with AI B.Sure!

Kim was born in Georgia and began her career as a model before moving to Atlanta.

She appeared in TV shows Single Ladies and Wicked Wicked Games as well as movies Mama I Want To Sing and The Brothers.

Kim also featured on Diddy's show I Want to Work for Diddy.

Tributes have flooded in for the model from the music industry following news of her tragic death.

50 Cent said: "R.I.P to Kim Porter, I send my condolences to her friends and family. She was loved and will be missed dearly. I know Puff is hit right now, he loved her for real, soul mate type s***. Chin up puff, Positive vibes only."

Missy Elliott wrote: "My heart just aches so much 4 her children. She Loved them dearly she was proud of her kids & they Loved their mother so much...Prayers for @diddy during such a difficult time #KimPorter those that know you will always remember your SMILE your LAUGH & KIND HEART".

While actress Gabrielle Union said: "This is awful! Praying so hard for her children and her lover ones!! #RIPKimPorter sending so much love to her babies. My God!"