COULD Dennis Rodman be key to ending North Korea’s nuclear program?

The former NBA star, nicknamed ‘The Worm’, has formed a bromance with North Korea leader Kim Jong-un after a visit to the rogue nation in 2013.

Now the former Chicago Bulls star is rumoured to be attending next week’s historic summit between the North and the US in Singapore.

A week after Kim Kardashian visited the White House to discuss reform of the criminal justice system with President Donald Trump, The New York Post reports sources saying Rodman could play a role in negotiations on the Singapore resort island of Sentosa on Tuesday.

“No matter what you might think about his presence. One thing’s for sure the ratings will be huge,” a source said.

“A lot of times in situations that involve complex diplomacy countries like to identify ambassadors of goodwill and whether you agree with it or not Dennis Rodman fits the bill.”

The zany, 6-foot-7 ex-baller — who has struck up an unlikely friendship with the pint-sized, 5-foot-7 Kim, and has visited the rogue regime five times in the past — took some of the credit for getting the two leaders together.

In an April interview with TMZ, Rodman said that Kim didn’t understand the president until he gave the North Korean strongman a copy of Trump’s ghost-written book The Art of the Deal for his birthday in 2017.

“I think [Kim] didn’t realise who Donald Trump was at that time, I guess, until he started to read the book and started to get to understand him. Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un are pretty much the same,” Rodman told the website.

“I don’t want to take all the credit. I don’t want to sit there and say, ‘I did this, I did that.’ That’s not my intention.

“My intention was to go over and be a sports ambassador to North Korea so people understand how the people are in North Korea. I think that has resonated to this whole point now.”

Rodman’s possible involvement comes after The White House announced the much-anticipated summit between President Trump and Kim Jong-un will take place on Singapore’s resort island of Sentosa.

The June 12 meeting will be the first meeting between sitting leaders of each country and will focus on North Korea’s provocative nuclear weapons programs.

Sentosa is home to palm-fringed beaches, tourist sites and some of the best golf courses in Asia and Universal Studios Singapore.

It also houses the luxurious Capella Hotel, which — at a distance from centres of population — can be more easily secured.