DEMI Lovato’s dealer has claimed the popstar “knew she was taking stronger pills” before she overdosed.

The 25-year-old singer is currently in rehab after she nearly lost her life last month after taking drugs allegedly laced with fentanyl.

Brandon Johnson told TMZ he gave Demi the pills after she called him.

He also claimed that Demi knew they were “aftermarket pills” and that they were much “stronger”.

Brandon added: “She text me at 4am because she's a girl and she wanted to kick it. We hung out.

“She has long hours and stressful days so she wanted to unwind. 100 per cent she knew what she was taking. She understood fully.”

In the interview, he went on to say that Demi “passed out” and said it was “normal” for that to happen.

Brandon claimed he then “tucked her into bed” and left.

That day Demi was found by an assistant and was reportedly given Narcan, a medication that blocks the effects of opiods, before she was rushed to hospital.

When asked by TMZ what he had learnt from the shocking experience, Brandon said: “It's a wake-up call for her and it opens my eyes to the dangers.

“They're fun, but they can be harmful. I'd hate to hurt anybody. I hope she's OK.

“It was unfortunate, but for people to think there was any misconception on my behalf is ridiculous.”

Demi is now in rehab and is receiving treatment.

In a statement, she thanked her fans and the team around her for their on-going support.

She wrote online: “I have always been transparent about my journey with addiction. What I've learned is that this illness is not something that disappears or fades with time. It is something I must continue to overcome and have not done yet.

“I want to thank God for keeping me alive and well. To my fans, I am forever grateful for all your love and support throughout this past week and beyond. Your positive thoughts and prayers have helped me navigate through this difficult time.

“I want to thank my family, my team, and the staff at Cedars-Sinai who have been by my side this entire time. Without them I would be here writing this letter to all of you.

“I now need time to heal and focus on my sobriety and road to recovery.

“The love you have all shown me will never be forgotten and I look forward to the day where I can say I came out on the other side.”