DEMI Lovato has insisted she will "keep fighting" after breaking her silence over her overdose horror.

The singer took to Instagram for the first time with an emotional message to her fans two weeks after she was left fighting for her life in hospital after suffering from an overdose.

She said: "I have always been transparent about my journey with addiction. What I've learned is that this illness is not something that disappears or fades over time.

"It is something I must continue to overcome and have not done yet.

"I want to thank God for keeping me alive and well. To my fans, I am forever grateful for all of your love and support throughout this past week and beyond.

"Your positive thoughts and prayers have helped me navigate through this difficult time.

"I want to thank my family, my team, and the staff at Cedars-Sinai who have been by my side this entire time. Without them I wouldn't be here writing this letter to all of you.

"I now need time to heal and focus on my sobriety and road to recovery. The love you have all shown me will never be forgotten and I look forward to the day where I can say I came out on the other side.

"I will keep fighting."

Demi was found unconscious at her home and “could have died” according to eports from the US.

Last week she was still struggling with nausea and was “very, very” sick in hospital where she was being supported by her family.

Her ex-boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama has also been spotted at the hospital visiting Demi every day.

Earlier this month The Sun exclusively revealed how Demi was planning to go to rehab away from Los Angeles.

A friend close to Demi, who until recently had been sober for six years, said: “The decision has been made for Demi to be taken away from LA to get better.

“Demi will need several weeks of detox work and intense therapy.

“The focus now is to reconnect her to her sober network before she can even think about getting back to LA, where she ended up falling back in with the wrong crowd.

girlfriend
“For the foreseeable future, her music career is on the back burner. This has been a huge scare for everyone.”

Just 11 days before the suspected overdose, Demi was pictured staggering out of a nightclub.

Following her hospitalisation, the frantic 911 call made by her assistant to the emergency services was released to the public.

The woman could be heard urging the operator to turn off the ambulance’s sirens.