DEBBIE GWYTHER’s close friends didn’t need to watch The Sun’s video showing her boyfriend Liam Gallagher violently attacking her at Chiltern Firehouse to know their relationship was toxic.

For the past two years, many of her tightest pals have seen close up just how unhealthy their rock and roll love affair has become.

In fact, some found it too hard to remain friends with Debbie while she insists on staying with Liam.

They’re used to the constant (and very heated) rows and Debbie’s floods of tears afterwards.

But friends say Liam’s music manager is so intent on protecting the ex-Oasis singer at any cost, walking away is no longer an option, even after The Sun on Sunday’s front page story.

The fact her career is now intertwined with Liam’s certainly doesn’t help matters.

These days, Debbie gets nervous if Liam parties without her as she likes to believe she is the only person who can keep him in line.

The relationship has been volatile for some time. In January 2016, The Sun on Sunday told how they’d had a blazing row at a private members retreat in Oxfordshire, with Liam shouting at Debbie in front of guests including Cara Delevingne.

And just a month later, I revealed their romance was on the rocks due to Liam’s fiery rows with Debbie, weeks after finalising his £5.4million divorce from All Saints singer Nicole Appleton.

More recently he has praised his girlfriend as his “saviour” in interviews but also hinted at the tempestuous nature of their relationship.

Last year, he admitted: “Debbie used to run me a nice bubble bath. She doesn’t do that any more. She’s like, ‘f*** you, you’re a d***’.”

What’s going on here is no laughing matter — I hope Debbie now has the strength to listen to the friends who love her and get away from Liam once and for all.