HEART-STOPPING footage has emerged of an unattended baby stroller rolling onto a busy road in the UK.

25-year-old Rebecca Moran’s fast reactions on her regular commute to work in Derbyshire was the difference between a close call and disaster.

In the dash cam footage, an unsupervised pram can be seen rolling towards the road in the distance.

As the car approaches, the driver slams on the brakes and sounds the horn, hoping to warn other cars coming in the opposite direction.

A woman, presumably the child’s mother then rushes out onto the road and pulls the stroller back to safety before thanking the driver for stopping in time.

Moran uploaded the video to her Facebook page on Saturday in a bid to promote awareness while behind the wheel.

“This had shaken me up and I cried my whole way to work,” she wrote with the post.

“Just shows anything can happen and you really need to concentrate not just on the road but what’s happening around you.”

Moran later edited the post to say that she doesn’t blame the child’s mother in the situation, suggesting that a lapse in concentration can happen to anyone.

“Can you please not slag off the mother! Accidents happen and I think she was as devastated as I was,” she added.