A DELIVERY driver who chucked Australia Post parcels over a customer’s fence has been sacked after he was caught in the act on CCTV.

Darwin photographer Georgia Tomazos said her home’s security cameras caught a lazy Star Track courier in the middle of a dodgy delivery.

The footage shows the courier chucking a package over her fence on to the front lawn and driving his van away with the back sliding door still wide open.

As the delivery van left, a stack of packages crashed to the ground as the driver sped off.

Mrs Tomazos said the contents of her package were damaged but she was more annoyed at the fact that it’s happened several times before.

“I received a package of photography equipment just before it happened in May and the courier did the same thing and just tossed it over the fence,” she said.

“What’s really frustrating is that it was a signature-only delivery and they delivered anyway in the rain.

“So I came home from work to a very fun treasure hunt of electrical goods all over the yard because they left it on my lawn again and my dogs ripped it all up.”

She made a complaint to Australia Post and is calling on them to ensure all of their Darwin couriers are meeting delivery standards.

“There are good drivers out there but it only takes one with lack of duty of care to cause a negative effect for the whole team like this,” she said.

“This is a widespread problem, I’m not alone here. I’ve heard stories from so many people in Darwin who have gone through the same thing.”

An Australia Post spokesman told the NT News the man’s actions were “clearly unacceptable behaviour and will not be tolerated”.

“We’re extremely disappointed in the actions of this driver and he was immediately dismissed,” he said.

“If customers have any concerns about their mail delivery, we urge them to contact us on 13 POST.”