A SUPERDAD has gone viral after creating an adorable 'Disney DVD den' for his two kids' Christmas

Michael Taylor, from Kirkcaldy in Scotland, planned to surprise Katie, six, and Oliver, two, with the DIY creation today.

After moving into a new home last year, Michael finally got round to knocking an under-the-stairs cupboard into something a little more imaginative.

And after three weeks of manual labour while the kids were in bed, the den is ready.

The Openreach engineer shared a glimpse of what his kids were getting on Facebook and went viral with 56,000 likes and 86,000 shares.

A before snap shows a little space under the stairs where the hoover and some of the kids' toys were stored.

And he has gradually transformed it into a Disney lover's dream.

Once his little ones crawl through the cute little person's door he's created their eyes are sure to light up upon seeing a shrine to their favourite animated characters.

The opposite wall is inscribed with a genius house motto taking in some of the well-known sayings from some Disney favourites.

And the DVD case full of cartoon classics is complete with several fluffy versions of characters like Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh.

A wall-mounted TV will allow Katie and Oliver to watch the films comfortable in their own little space - with the comfort provided by bean bags.

Michael told The Sun: "We moved in last year and I was going to turn it into a wee toilet but we couldn't so I wanted to turn it into a wee play den. I just got round to it this year and decided to do it for Christmas.

"We put the partition wall up and then decided to make it into a little more than just a den and have a floating ceiling with LED lights.

"I've been doing most of the work when they've been in bed and it's taken about three weeks.

"They've been really good, they know I've been working on something but but they don't know what.

"I'm going to get their reaction on video - I don't know what they'll be like as my wee girl can be strange when it comes to surprises.

"I posted it on an Orlando page and it got about 7,000 likes but I also posted it on my own page.

"It took about a day for it to get reach and then it just blew up."

Michel has also been inundated with offers from people hoping he'll put his skills to use in their home.

He added: "I've had people asking if I can do the same for them and offering me money but I wouldn't consider it.

"I enjoy doing it in my own house but not for anybody else."