THE Colorado man accused of slaying his pregnant wife and young daughters recorded a video presentation six years ago about saving deteriorating relationships.

Chris Watts, 33, posted the video, which he said was for a communication class, to his YouTube channel in April 2012. the New York Post reports.

“Sometimes you maybe make promises that turn into major betrayal,” Watts said in the video.

“Is it a necessity for me to stay in this relationship? According to my research, sometimes a necessity could be children.

“If you met somebody at work or a new friendship has occurred and as it goes on, you see that, OK, maybe this relationship has more potential than the relationship I have with my partner,” he added.

“And that would gradually push the old relationship out and push the new relationship in.”

A two-day investigation revealed that Watts was “actively involved in an affair with a co-worker” — and wanted to file for a separation.

Watts told cops that he informed his 34-year-old wife, Shanann, about his plans. However, he denied having the affair.

Eerily, his wife commented: “Great job Christopher! Good information!” on the 2012 video soon after it was posted.

Authorities found Shanann’s body last week on property owned by the oil and gas company that her husband worked for. The bodies of their daughters, 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste, were later found in an oil drum.

Watts, a North Carolina native who was living in Frederick, Colorado, was formally charged with three counts of first-degree murder, two counts of murdering a child, one count of unlawful termination of a pregnancy and three counts of tampering with a deceased body. He remains held without bail.

Shanann was 15 weeks pregnant at the time of the slaying.

Watts claimed that he killed his wife after finding Bella “sprawled” out on her bed “and blue,” according to the arrest affidavit.

Watts also told police that he watched from a baby monitor and saw Shanann “actively strangling” Celeste.

It wasn’t immediately clear whether the old video would play a role in the investigation.

“In today’s society with the prevalence of social media, digital content, anything goes,” legal analyst Chris Decker told FOX 31 Denver.

“Would a tape made by a suspect, many, many years before be relevant? Would it be admissible? It’s impossible to tell. It’s too soon to know.”