JEREMY Corbyn was mocked after he refused to answer a simple question about Brexit SIX times.

The Labour leader wouldn't say whether he believes Britain will end up better off once we quit the EU.

Instead he repeatedly spouted soundbites about his party's policy while ignoring the actual question.

The embarrassing clip came as Mr Corbyn continued a tour of Scotland where he is giving two festival talks.

Channel 4 News were told they could ask him one question - but they had to pose it six times to try and get a response.

The reporter asked: "You want to be Prime Minister, making the big calls. Do you honestly believe that Britain is better off outside of the EU?"

But Mr Corbyn replied: "I want us to have a good relationship with the European Union.

"That's what we have to have in order to retain jobs in manufacturing supply chains and food processing."

The interviewer said again, "I've been told I can only ask you one question so I would very much like you to answer it.

"Do you honestly believe that Britain is better off outside of the EU?"

But Mr Corbyn again declined to address the question directly.

The reporter tried several more times - only to get the response: "I've answered your question five times."

Other MPs mocked the Labour boss for dodging the key question.

The SNP's Angus MacNeil said: "His waffle amazing but credit to the questioner."

Tory deputy chairman James Cleverly said Mr Corbyn would once "give a straight answer to a straight question", adding: "How times have changed."

Theresa May has previously refused to say whether she would vote for Brexit if she had the chance.