OK, fair enough – I wasn’t exactly mad on the dancing.

I don’t think Theresa May is going to be on Strictly any time soon. Whoever convinced her it would be dead cool to walk on stage at the party conference and jig about to an Abba song needs a bit of invasive brain surgery, right now.

It was like a remake of Re-Animator, or Night Of The Living Dead.

There’s no point in Theresa trying to tell us she’s the life and soul of the party and actually a bloody good laugh.

We know she isn’t. She’s about as charismatic as an underdone crumpet on a wet Sunday. But she doesn’t need to be Ginger Rogers. She’s the Prime Minister.

And you have to give her credit for doggedly sticking to that role. Even if I’m not convinced she’s been doing it terribly well.

But on Brexit — God, how mind-numbingly boring the whole thing is — she has a good point.

I’m not a fan of her Chequers deal for us to leave the European Union. I think we’re giving too much away. I’d rather have a no-deal exit.

But time is pressing. And I’m aware that while we Leavers won the referendum, the margin was comparatively small. So we ought to be gracious and accept a little bit of a compromise. Try to strike a respectable deal with those gangsters from insignificant countries.

And a little further down the line, tweak the arrangements a little to suit us better. In the meantime, just strike the deal.

And that means getting behind May and presenting a united front to Europe. Most of the Conservative MPs understand that, even the arch-Brexiteers like the excellent Michael Gove.

But Biffo the Blundering Bear does not. I’m talking about Boris Johnson. Now he IS fun and good company. But he’s about as likely to become Prime Minister as I am to cop off with Emily Ratajkowski after a few pints and a quick meal at the Chicken Cottage.

He has very little support among his political colleagues. He has a lot more among Conservative activists. But very little among voters north of Watford.

And yet Biffo was at it again this week. Taking the p**s out of the Prime Minister. And making a rousing speech to his hardcore supporters. Demanding we tell the EU to stuff it.

Well, there was a time when we should have told the EU to stuff it — two years ago when we first started negotiations.

That time has passed. A lack of confidence from the Government and a divided party let us down.

Now is the time to show a bit of unity and wring a deal out of the deathly bureaucrats. Maybe not the Chequers deal — May didn’t mention the word at all during her speech — but a version of it.

Otherwise we’ll have a General Election on our hands. One the Tories will lose. And you’ll wake up to find John McDonnell is in charge of your finances and Diane Abbott is Home Secretary.

Come on — surely that should concentrate the mind a little?