conversations” with his children in the future — but insists he’s still a good role model.

Kavanagh says the brawler’s rocky last two years will be on YouTube in “high definition” for his son to see when he’s older.

The Straight Blast Gym coach pulled no punches as he also revealed he would have to be seriously convinced to work with The Notorious again in the future.

Speaking to the Sunday Independent, Kavanagh said: “Conor is going to have some awkward conversations in his future, because maybe you had a wild 20s, but everything he’s done is on YouTube in high definition.

“I’m sure when his son is 15 or 16 it will be ‘Dad, what was all that about?’.”

Asked about his troubles over the last two years — including his attack on UFC rival Khabib Nurmagomedov’s bus in New York — which have seen him appear in court on a number of occasions and even spend the night in a New York jail cell, Kavanagh says a lot of it is blown out of proportion.

He said: “I can’t take the speeding fine that seriously. Well, I wasn’t at the court, I was in the gym, but if he did something wrong why wasn’t he prosecuted?

“He parked wrong? Someone should clamp him. Take his car away, he’s just a civilian. Am I going to sit down with him and say ‘you should park your car the right way?’ No that’s not who I am.

“I certainly wouldn’t stand for something racist or anything along those lines. I mean, some of the stuff he says is just childish, I can’t take it all that seriously. I just find it silly.”

Kavanagh was pressed on the legacy Conor is leaving behind, after tennis star Roger Federer referred to him as ‘the guy who throws things’.

The coach said: “That’s something Conor has to live with. I think he knows it, he doesn’t need me to tell him. He’s not 12. It would never happen but I’d love to sit down with him.

“He wouldn’t be interested, he doesn’t feel he needs to explain, he doesn’t feel apologetic.

“As for the kids, the kids here have trained alongside Conor and they see a respectful guy with his uniform on, bowing at his coaches, who will pose for a picture with every single one of them, but it’s not his job to raise them.

“I’m saying that it’s the parents’ job to point out the good parts and the bad. Conor has incredible role model qualities — dedication, self-belief, intelligence. He’s created this industry.

“He’s as competitive now with his whiskey as he is with his fighting. It sounds weird but he doesn’t actually spend much money.

“Everything he wears he’s paid to wear, everything he drives is given to him, he’s not into restaurants, his missus makes his meals, he’s in a fairly modest home and he doesn’t gamble.

“He went on a tour promoting his whiskey and I’ve seen pictures of him in a boardroom at 9am with a suit on. So maybe people can change.”

McGregor’s future in the UFC is still in doubt, and it remains unclear if he’ll be back inside the octagon anytime soon.

Whether he will end up on McGregor’s coaching team again, Kavanagh added: “He’d certainly have to convince me to go again. I love the whole journey we’ve had but I’d need a good ‘why’.”