Controversial feminist Clementine Ford has called on her loyal fans for financial support after she sensationally quit her job as a columnist overnight.

The Melbourne-based writer, who was booted from a Lifeline fundraiser after she posted a tweet saying “kill all men”, resigned from Nine, which merged with Fairfax Media last year, saying the organisation was “dead”.

In a series of tweets Wednesday night, she claimed she had left the company over its new editorial direction.

She revealed management had threatened to fire her last year for calling Prime Minister Scott Morrison a “f...ing disgrace” via Twitter.

She once again tweeted what she thought of Australia’s leader adding he “always has been, always will be” then revealed that she had quit the organisation that published The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and WAToday.

“Also, here’s some tea and I can spill it now that I have resigned from Fairfax: in September, they threatened to fire me because I had called transphobic Scott Morrison a ‘f...ing disgrace’ on Twitter and they said that new policy was we ‘didn’t disrespect the office of the PM’,” she wrote.

“I asked if it would be acceptable for me to call him 'a disgrace' instead and the person disciplining me said that they would need to check.”

Ford then criticised the organisation’s new managing director and claimed “protecting the Liberal brand appeared to be strong at New FFX” and explained she had reached a point where a “shitty salary compared with shitty work conditions” had become too much and that she would rather risk not making rent just “to not eat their shit again.”

“Anyway, bye Fairf**ked!”

She then called on her followers to support her Patreon, a fundraising account she had created.

For as little as $1 a month Ford says fans would be helping her to “keep producing feminist content that challenges and explores the world we live in, while also providing me a platform to signal boost the work of other women and non binary voices”.

“Are you regularly accused of being a misandrist?,” it says on the site. “Do you bathe in a pool of male tears each night before bed? Is your bank account full to bursting with all the f**** you don't give about whether or not your feminist views are threatening the men in your life? Welcome, friend!”

Further down Ford explained how long she had been writing for, and that she needed their support to be able to keep doing it.