A 17-YEAR-OLD boy has today died after being stabbed outside a busy Tube station in front of horrified commuters.

Cops found the injured teenager outside Clapham South station after being called at 4.35pm this afternoon.

The boy was rushed to a hospital in South London but was pronounced dead shortly after.

Scotland Yard said they have not made any arrests and the Tube station was closed following the attack.

Charity director Robin Pritchard said he moved through a crowd and saw the victim lying in a pool of blood while someone provided CPR.

The 47-year-old said: "I saw the guy on the floor, a pool of blood like he'd been stabbed in the stomach, his clothes were soaked.

"It was strangely calm and quiet - I think everyone was in shock.

"All I really registered were grey tracksuit bottoms which were soaked with a pool of blood coming from his waist like he'd been stabbed in the stomach."

Another witness who did not want to be named said he saw a man carrying a large knife in a "bunch of guys" who were shouting and appeared agitated.

He added that the area is usually noisy after students leave nearby Saint Francis Xavier College.

It comes the day after a 15-year-old, named locally as Jai Sewell, was stabbed to death in Bellingham, South East London.

Today's killing marks the 115th homicide in the capital so far this year. His family have not been informed and there have been no arrests so far.

A Met Police spokesman said: "Police were called at approximately 4.35pm on Friday, 2 November to reports of a stabbing outside Clapham South Tube Station.

"A 17-year-old boy was found suffering from a stab wound. He was taken to a south London hospital where his life was pronounced extinct at 5.23pm.

"His next of kin have not been informed. Formal identification has not yet taken place and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.

"Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD 5291/02 Nov. To remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."