The mum of two's presents won't arrive in time for Christmas

Lily Allen previously worried that she'd be homeless for Christmas and now her kids' toys won't arrive in time because her card expired.

The Smile singer revealed she ordered her two daughters' presents on Amazon - but they never dispatched because her payment method had expired.

"F***. When your card expires and you don’t check your emails," she tweeted.

Luckily for four-year-old Marnie and six-year-old Ethel, Lily managed to hot-foot it down to Harrods to pick up some alternative Barbies for her girls.

It's not the first time Christmas has nearly been ruined for the Allen household.

Earlier this month, in a now-deleted tweet, the singer shared her worries about being homeless for the holidays.

After renting out her London flat, she said the diplomats who moved in claimed "diplomatic immunity" in the fight over the flat, as she tried to move back in with her daughters Marnie and Ethel.

She tweeted to her 5.96 million followers: "Meant to be moving back into my flat this week, but my tenants just dropped that they can't find anywhere to go up to their standards.

"Then they said they're diplomats and have diplomatic immunity and there's nothing I can do about it.

"So, who fancies a family of 3 for Xmas?"

The 32 year old also tweeted (and deleted) that she had "private equity managers, tax experts and hedge funders" looking at her situation.

Lily's tenant Maria then spoke out - claiming that she only asked for two days longer and plans to move out.

"We are going to leave. I just asked for a couple of days. I’m really astonished. I don’t know why she did this," she told The Sun .

“We are diplomats. But I don’t want to make trouble to our embassy. This is so stupid. I can’t believe this."