NOVICHOK survivor Charlie Rowley said tonight: “I just want to get out and have a drink.”

Charlie, 45, is at a safe house following his release from hospital on Friday.

He was speaking to The Sun through brother Matthew, 47, who he called on a police “burner” phone.

Charlie said: “I’d really like to go out for a bottle of wine. I’m very glad to be out of hospital but I’m trapped in a room and on a lot of medication. I’ve been let out for a cigarette but I’m very bored.”

Police have allowed him to watch films on his brother’s DVD player.

Matthew said: “He has some memory loss. I’m not sure if it is from the Novichok or the hospital medication. He’s a bit foggy and frustrated.

“Charlie said he can’t really talk on the phone. He said he can hear clicks and stuff like his calls are being listened to.”

Drug addict Charlie has blasted Russian spies for killing girlfriend Dawn Sturgess, saying: “I’ll never get over what happened.”

The couple are thought to have been drinking in Salisbury, Wilts, when they picked up a perfume bottle containing the toxin used in the failed assassination attempt on ex-spy Sergei Skripal in March.

Matthew described how Dawn had sprayed it on her wrists before passing it to Charlie and the bottle fell apart in his hands.

They collapsed in Amesbury on June 30. Dawn died eight days later.

Ex-Rolls-Royce mechanic Matthew spoke to Charlie again tonight.

He said: “It’s upsetting. I can tell he’s not right. He’s upset about Dawn, and couldn’t talk about about the Russians because of the investigation. I’m told I can go and visit him, maybe on Tuesday.”