CHANELLE Hayes’ fans rushed to defend her after she was branded inappropriate for comparing an image of herself naked alongside one of her son as they pulled similar poses.

The 30-year-old shocked her Instagram followers this evening with the tongue in cheek post as she joked about passing her modelling knowledge onto her youngest son Frankie.

In the post, Chanelle used a throwback from her lads’ mags modelling days showing her completely starkers while climbing the stairs.

Alongside it she posted a picture of Frankie, also naked, as he tried to get through the baby gate at the top of the stairs.

She captioned it: “Passing down knowledge from generation to generation. Taught this lad everything he knows #likemamalikeson #model #baby #parenting #throwbackthursday.”

Not everyone approved off her joke though and one person made their thoughts very clear writing: "Seriously? So inappropriate”

Chanelle’s fans leapt to her defence though and told her how funny it was.

One told her: “This has just made me howl!!!!” while another added: “Mwhahaha that is fab!!!love it little stunner taking after his mammy.”

Her boyfriend Ryan Oates – who is Frankie’s dad - also defended her, writing: “Such a funny comparison! It’s Irritating me that some people on here are saying this is an inappropriate photo!

“It’s funny & harmless. Some people need to get a life @chanellejhayes don’t they and stop writing such rubbish!”

Chanelle replied to him: “I know right?! to be fair most people appreciate our hilarious banter just a couple of boring Betty’s.”