THE brother of Charlie Rowley, who was poisoned by Novichok, has said today the nerve agent was in a perfume bottle.

Matthew Rowley said Charlie, who is still being treated in hospital, told him he had picked up the bottle.

The Metropolitan Police has not confirmed the claim.

Cops have only previously said the Novichok was found in a "small bottle".

Charlie Rowley, 45, and his partner, Dawn Sturgess, 44, were exposed to the deadly nerve agent in Amesbury, Wiltshire, at the end of last month. Dawn died eight days later.

Police are working on the theory the incident is linked to the Novichok poisoning in Salisbury on March 4 of the former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia.

Law enforcement officials have reiterated advice from Public Health England for people in the area not to pick up strange items - including cosmetics.

Matthew Rowley told BBC News he was still upset about his brother's condition after speaking to him on the telephone.

He said Charlie Rowley was "absolutely not the brother I know" though he said he was now eating solid food.

Matthew told how he barely recognised his sibling when he visited him in hospital, calling him "skin and bones".

after just 3 years
He said: "He was semi-woken and said 'they killed my girlfriend, they killed my girlfriend'. He was very angry and crying. He said he’s feeling horrible."

Dawn's son, Ewan Hope, has been told that a funeral may not take place for months because her body is "property of the Crown".

No-one has been arrested in connection with the Skripal attack or the couple's poisoning.