A BRITON clocked up £35,000 in fines in three hours as he drove at up to 150mph in Dubai.

The 25-year-old was snapped by roadside cameras as he broke the limit 33 times in a £270,000 Lamborghini Huracan.

The driver, who went for an early hours spin last week, is in a stand-off with a rental firm.

He is keeping the car while they keep his passport — left as a guarantee.

The Briton is free to leave Dubai as the fines are issued in the car owner’s name.

Car firm owner Faris Mohammed Iqbal, 26, said the tourist had rented the car on July 30, paid two-day fees of £1,200, leaving his passport as guarantee.

Mr Iqbal said: “We obtained copies of all the violations and immediately submitted a request for a travel ban on the tourist, to which we paid £240 in fees, but the request was rejected.

“We can’t pay this amount should the car be taken into impound, it’s still with the tourist, parked at his hotel - Five Palm Jumeirah Hotel and Resort - and I won’t be trying to take it back because once I do, I know I have to surrender it to police.

“Then who pays the money for the impound? We shouldn’t do so for sure, its his fault and he should pay that amount.”