BRITAIN'S most famous monogamist Ron Sheppard may have found wife number NINE - who he met online two days ago.

After having his heart ripped out by his latest fiance, Ron, 70, feels hopeful about the 32-year-old who messaged him on a naughty online dating site.

Ron, who was dumped by his ninth fiance in November, said he was flooded with messages from hundreds of women who wanted to marry him.

But he was immediately drawn to a 32-year-old Somerset woman.

He told Sun Online: "She messaged me on Friday and we've spoken loads since and she said she doesn't want to speak to anyone else.

"She's had a bit of turmoil in her life and wanted some of her confidence brought back. I just gave her a bit of advice to start off with."

"I have been lonely over the last 10 months and I just want to be with someone who I can love and trust."

When asked if she could be 'the one', Ron said: "I mean, I'm too old to marry any more now and we'll see how it goes but hopefully this is it."
"It's been incredible. I've got 60 pages of notifications from women of all ages, including married ones who want to have a fling.

"People have said if I keep going I'll end up with a football team. I think it's a case of just wait and see."

Ron has been married eight times, with his longest union lasting 13 years and the shortest around 10 months.

He went on to have three kids with his first wife Margaret but they divorced just two years later and he married Jeanette in 1973.

Ron wed Lesley in 1976 and in their five years together, they had two boys before she sadly passed away in 1996.

In 1982, he met Kathy and had another girl before marrying Sue with whom he had two boys until she threw him out 11 years later.

Usha from Singapore married him in 1999, followed by Wan in 2003 and Weng a year later. They split in 2015 and divorced in March.

He met Cristel more ten years ago, when she was 15 or 16 and part of a group of friends, while he was married to Wan - wife no. 7 - and living in Thailand.

Weng, 36, gave him the boot after 11 years' marriage, and he proposed to mum-of-one Cristel, who arrived at his home last November.