A BRIT widower today told of his heartache after his wife was stabbed to death in New York by a woman who invited her in for coffee – then plunged a knife into her chest to "rid her home of evil".

Denise Webster, 61, was killed just months after being given the all-clear from a five-year cancer battle after meeting her alleged attacker through a mutual friend.

The Sun Online can also reveal that accused killer, 66-year-old Faye Doomchin, was also charged with stabbing a woman in a real estate office in 1999 but walked free due to a mental illness defence.

Cops say Denise had lunch with the mutual friend and Doomchin before heading back to Doomchin’s home in Great Neck, Long Island, to play piano and eat cake.

It was then Doomchin suddenly declared she “didn’t like” Denise, before disappearing into the kitchen to grab a knife and stabbing her through the chest.

Speaking from their home in Wigan, her devastated husband Tommy told The Sun Online how Denise had been “living life to the full” after battling cancer and suffering a stroke in 2004.

He said: “Denise was a fighter and got on with life as best she could.

“She was determined to carry on, despite everything that happened, and wanted to live life to the full.

“But she was also a very gentle and softly spoken and everyone who met her said how wonderful she was.”

Tommy said they were due to celebrate their 41st wedding anniversary next month and he described Denise as his “soul mate”.

“We were very close. She was like my right arm, I really depended on her. I used to have bad depression and she really looked after me.

“I don’t know how I’ll be able to carry on without her.”

Doomchin and Denise had never met before, though Denise had known the pal that introduced them for more than 12 years.

Nassau County Police Det. Lt. Stephen Fitzpatrick told The Sun Online the killing was a “spontaneous type of event”.

He said Doomchin "does have a history of assaulting someone with a knife back in 1999, so she’s going to be evaluated to see what her motivation might be".

He added: "She stabbed a female in a real estate office twice. That woman did survive, and as a result of that assault, she plead that she was not guilty by mental defect.

"She was ordered to outpatient psychiatric treatment for that."

Det. Lt. Fitzpatrick revealed the shocking details of the seemingly unprovoked attack on August 13, the day of her death.

"Sometime during while they were sitting in the living room, they were talking and (Doomchin) made statements that she did not like the woman from England.

“She claimed she needed to rid the house of evil. She then appeared from the kitchen with a kitchen knife, walked right over to her and stabbed her in the chest.”

Denise was a ‘Glambert’ - as fans of singer Adam Lambert are known - and had watched him perform all over the world.

And she’d flown to the US especially to see him perform.

Tommy said Denise had been staying in an apartment as the guest of a man she knew at the time of the murder.

The man had introduced her to a woman who lived in the same apartment block, and the trio had gone back to the woman’s home for a coffee and to listen to him play the piano.

Tommy described getting the call from US police on Tuesday morning to say his wife was dead.

“All they said was Denise had passed away. I didn’t believe it at first and thought they may have got confused because somebody had stolen her phone or something.

“But then I started checking the news reports coming from the US and I realised what had happened. I couldn’t believe she’d been stabbed.”

Tommy hasn’t been told when Denise’s body will be returned home and is waiting for the US authorities to provide further information.

“I just want Denise back. It’s been over a week now. I understand they have procedures to follow but the waiting is terrible.

“I’ve cried so much I’ve got no more tears left.”

Doomchin has been charged with second degree murder and pleaded not guilty at her initial court hearing last Tuesday.