A BRITISH property tycoon's daughter reportedly died from a heroin overdose after struggling to cope with killing a teenage cyclist in a road accident.

Tragic Hannah James, 37, was said to have been left traumatised after hitting 17-year-old student Joel Semmens in the 2010 crash which left him dead.

The interior designer had been driving her black convertible Audi TT in Byfleet, Surrey, when she hit Joel on his bike.

James admitted failing to stop at the scene of an accident and using a vehicle with an unsuitable tyre, and was sentenced to 100 hours of unpaid work.

She is also said to have suffered with depression after her marriage broke down.

Hannah was found dead in the bath of her Paris apartment by her boyfriend, according to The Daily Mail.

She is said to have mixed heroin with powerful synthetic painkiller fentanyl.

Her 74-year-old dad David is the chairman of a luxury property company and said his daughter enjoyed a substantial income from a family trust.

David told Westminster Coroner’s Court: "She was traumatised by the accident.

"We noticed she was showing signs of depression and noticeably drinking more and, now we know, taking drugs."

He said she moved to France after the break down of her marriage "to get away from all the friends she shared with her ex-husband and come to terms with the failed marriage".

Miss James’s boyfriend, John Gladwell, found her body on March 31 last year.

Her dad added: "When I last saw her she was just how I remember her – her mood was bubbly, it always was.

"From what she was telling me she was trying not to take drugs any more ... I think it was an accident. There’s no doubt in my mind it was an accident."

Coroner Dr Fiona Wilcox recorded a verdict of accidental death due to misadventure.