THE British tourist who was filmed appearing to snort cocaine off drug baron Pablo Escobar’s grave has claimed the stunt has landed him with death threats and cost him his family.

Steven Semmens, 35, appeared in video footage and he can be seen to spill white powder where Escobar is buried in Itagui, Colombia, before seemingly to snort it up.

Semmens said he did it as a “mark of respect” but he has now been kicked out of Colombia, where is girlfriend and twins live, for five years and had to return to Swansea.

Semmens told the Mirror: “People sent me death threats on Facebook.

“They said if they found me they would skin me alive. I can’t see my children and that hurts.”

Speaking eight months after the incident he said he regretted his actions and wanted to “apologise to the people of Colombia.”

He said: “It was funny at the time but I'm ashamed. Everybody said I was a disgrace and I was making the country look bad.”

After leaning down and snorting the powder from the headstone, Steven Semmens turns to the camera grinning and says, "I'm Gordon Ramsay mate" - referring to the TV chef's documentary series on cocaine.

Semmens claimed the video was filmed by a hitman for Escobar’s Medellin Cartel after they met in a bar.

The original video, featuring Semmens, went viral after it was posted on Facebook groups, The Sesh Life and HMP Jail Banter.

He now plans to become a drugs counsellor.

He empties a bag of white powder on the grave and snorts it in the video titled "Line of coke off Pablo Escobar’s grave, straight out of Swansea prison".

Escobar, known as the King of Cocaine or El Patron, was 44 when shot dead by cops in the city in 1993.

By the late 1980s, he had a £21billion fortune and supplied 80 per cent of the world’s cocaine, much of it to the US.