A BRITISH mum has flown to the US to marry a convict who has “hatred” tattooed on his forehead in a notorious Californian jail.

Becci Brennan, 29, fell for ex-gang member Travis Thompson, 32, after hooking up on a website linking single women to prisoners.

She left her three daughters and son home to travel to Mule Creek State Prison, whose former inmates include murder cult leader Charles Manson.

After marrying Thompson — serving eight years for gun and drug offences — on Friday, she wrote on Facebook: “Today I married my inmate lol! Started off as a penpal journey and now husband and wife. Super happy right now.

“I know it’s crazy. The whole thing is crazy but I don’t regret it.”

Becci also posted a photo of 6ft 2in Travis with the caption: “Love this man”.

A friend said of Becci, from Stanwell, West London: “She’s flown out there several times even though the only money she gets is benefits and child support.”

Pals say Becci, who split from the father of her children five years ago, has been swapping messages with Thompson for more than a year. He is due for release in 2023.

On the prisoner website he described himself as “passionate, optimistic and loving”.

He said he wanted to “change his life” and was looking to find “someone that I couldn’t imagine living my life without”.