THE wife of a wealthy British banker accidentally sent racist texts to her new nanny after discovering she was black.

Lynsey Plasco-Flaxman sent the offensive text message, which said “NOOOOOOOOOOO ANOTHER BLACK PERSON”, to nanny Giselle Maurice before shamefully realising her mistake.

According to a lawsuit, the mum-of-two then fired her because the racists texts had made the situation “uncomfortable”.

The text message was intended for her husband Joel, and was sent when Plasco-Flaxman met the nanny on her first day of work at their New York home in 2016.

The message was instead sent to Maurice, not once but twice.

When she realised the gaffe, Plasco-Flaxman immediately fired the experienced caretaker, saying she felt “uncomfortable.”

She claimed that their outgoing nanny was African-American and had done a bad job — and that they were expecting a Filipino replacement.

Maurice is now suing the couple, who are from London but live in Tribeca, New York, for discrimination and is seeking $63,000 (£48,350) compensation for wages she says she was promised — $350-a-day (£267) for a six-month live-in job.

She was allegedly terminated immediately, and sent home in an Uber with her day’s pay.

Speaking to the New York Post, the 44-year-old said: “[I want] to show them, look, you don’t do stuff like that.

“I know it’s discrimination.”

However, the couple claim their actions were reasonable, arguing they couldn’t trust Maurice after offending her.

Joel Plasco, co-chairman of the Dalmore Group investment bank, defended his wife, saying: “[My wife] had sent her something that she didn’t mean to say. She’s not a racist. We’re not racist people.

“But would you put your children in the hands of someone you’ve been rude to, even if it was by mistake? Your newborn baby? Come on.”

Maurice is adamant that she would never have treated the child any differently because of the mother’s text, adding: “This is my reputation. Why would I do something to a baby?”

She said: “I was willing to work with her and prove her wrong, but it was her conscience, and she couldn’t work with me anymore.”

Maurice said she had tried to settle the dispute through mediation and only went down the legal road after her attempts didn’t work out.

Plasco claims that he and his wife didn’t owe Maurice any more money because there was no contract, and that the lawsuit is just “extortion.”

The banker, who once ran the UK’s biggest brokerage firm, ranted: “I’m not someone who has millions of dollars lying around to just pay off people that are coming after me for extortion.

“And now you’re playing straight into her hands.

“My wife was two months off having a baby, suffering from a very difficult situation.

“You’re going to go after someone like that? That’s not a very nice thing to do.”