LYNNE Brookes says Judge Brett Kavanaugh was not telling the whole truth during his testimony this week about allegations of sexual assault.

Ms Brookes says she moved in the “exact same social circles” as Mr Kavanaugh while at Yale and that the Supreme Court nominees drinking habits were excessive.

Mr Kavanaugh, who is US President Donald Trump’s pick for the Supreme Court, faced a Senate committee this week probing allegations by Christine Blasey Ford who says he sexually assaulted her when the pair were teenagers.

Mr Kavanaugh denied he had or has a drinking problem.

“I like beer, I still like beer,’ Mr Kavanaugh testified under oath. “But I did not drink beer to the point of blacking out, and I never sexually assaulted anyone.”

Ms Brookes, who is a registered Republican, remembers it differently.

“When he would drink, he would get obnoxious,” she said.

Ms Brookes said she remembered that night he was pledging to a fraternity.

“Brett was getting tapped in and he was incredibly drunk, in a ridiculous outfit and had to come up to me and sing a silly song,” she said. “He was so incredibly drunk. I find it not plausible at all that he remembers everything he did that night.”

Ms Brookes was also roommates with another Kavanaugh accuser, Deborah Ramirez, but says she never saw him sexually abuse anyone nor did she feel unsafe around him.

She said she and her other Yale classmates were messaging back and forth during Mr Kavanaugh’s testimony and were “extremely disappointed” that he “evaded” questions about his excessive drinking.

“There were a lot of emails and a lot of texts flying around about how he was lying to the Senate Judiciary Committee,” Ms Brookes said of messages sent between her and her Yale colleagues as the hearing went on.

“I’m not part of some left wing conspiracy,” she said, adding that she is registered Republican. “This is about the integrity of the Supreme Court,” she said. “I know that Brett mischaracterized himself, and it’s incredibly disappointing that despite that this man could be elevated to the Supreme Court.”

The Republicans have allowed a one-week FBI investigation to go ahead and then the Senate will vote on his nomination.

If just two Republicans vote against Mr Kavanaugh, his confirmation will not go forward.

FBI CONDUCTS FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS
The FBI has contacted Ms Ramirez, as part of the bureau’s investigation of the Supreme Court nominee.

Ms Ramirez’s lawyer, John Clune, says agents want to interview her and she’s agreed to cooperate.

Mr Trump has ordered the FBI to reopen Mr Kavanaugh’s background investigation after several women accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.

Senate leaders agreed to delay a final vote on Mr Kavanaugh’s nomination to allow for a one-week FBI investigation. The Senate Judiciary Committee says the probe should be limited to “current credible allegations” against Mr Kavanaugh and be finished by the 5th of October.

Ms Ramirez has said Mr Kavanaugh exposed himself to her at a party in the early 1980s when they were Yale students.