THIS is the incredible moment a brave gran fought off two masked carjackers with her handbag as they grabbed her outside her home.

Shocking CCTV footage shows the men trying to steal a blue Audi Q3 in a brazen broad daylight attack.

But the thieves get more than they bargained for when the 55-year-old mum begins hurling punches and swinging her handbag.

The victim was grabbed by the men from behind as she attempted to unlock her front door in Birmingham.

Footage then shows her locked in a tussle with the men, who manage to snatch her keys and run over to her car.

But the courageous gran-of-one chases after them and manages to fight them off with her handbag.

She can also be seen throwing a punch at one of the men who grabs her arm before they both flee into a waiting car.

The mum told Birmingham Live: "I started to tussle with one. I wasn't sure who had the keys and was trying to prevent them from taking the car.

"I was shouting and screaming at the top of my voice for help.

"My neighbour opposite heard the commotion and ran out to help confront them. They then gave up and ran off up the road to a waiting getaway car."

The victim posted the incredible footage on Facebook where it has been shared more than 700 times.

She said: "Awful experience tonight and stupidly I fought back..but these scumbags can't be allowed to get away with doing this to us all.

"What a degenerative society we are becoming where lowlifes think they can take what you've worked hard for."

West Midlands Police confirmed no arrests have been made following the attempted car-jacking at around 5.15pm on Monday.

Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting crime reference 20DY/172851E/18.