THE boyfriend of a budding Hollywood actress who has been missing since last month has shot and killed himself after a police pursuit, according to reports.

Chris Spotz, 33, also an actor, lead police on a chase in the US last Thursday through Los Angeles County, driving a stolen Toyota Tacoma.

Police told NBC LA that Spotz fatally shot himself with a handgun at the end of the chase.

The man is said to be the romantic interest of missing model Adea Shabani, who’s mysterious disappearance last month garnered global media attention.

US media reports police started pursuing the car because they thought it was connected to a homicide in Los Angeles County.

Officers deployed two spike strips in an effort to slow down the driver during the chase, but he evaded them and continued onto the freeway, before shooting himself.

Details of the specific homicide related to the car, including when it occurred and the name of the victim or any potential suspects, have not yet been released.

There is no suggestion it is related to Ms Shabani.

Ms Shabani, a 25-year-old Macedonian woman, went missing at the end of February.

She was last seen near her home in Hollywood about 11am on February 23.

Her front door was unlocked, as if she expected to return, friends said.

Her friends and family haven’t heard from her since.

Family members are now offering a $25,000 reward for any information about her whereabouts.

The aspiring model had left her native Macedonia to study acting and had been living in Hollywood for about two years, according to ABC.

She missed an important class at the Stella Adler Academy of Acting, which concerned those closes to her.

“This is not her, this is not her,” pal Emma Joe told KTLA. “Something is going on with her, we don’t know where she is. It’s just so sad, we’re just hoping she’s alive.”

Shabani’s mom flew to California last month to help with the search and hired a private investigator.

“I don’t know, I don’t know what to think,” said Michelle Ljungcrandz. “I just want to find her.”

Police described Shabani as 5 feet 5, 130 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.