A BOYFRIEND left in a pool blood has revealed he was "waiting to die" after being abused by his girlfriend.

Alex Skeel, 22, was hacked at with a bread knife and battered with a hammer by Jordan Worth during a three-year catalogue of sickening abuse.

He was also starved to just seven stone by the 22-year-old fiend, who told him what to wear and isolated him from friends and family.

As the abuse turned more violent, Worth poured boiling water on the dad of her two kids and knocked his tooth out with a hairbrush.

She has now been caged for seven-and-a-half years at Luton Crown Court after admitting grievous bodily harm and coercive controlling behaviour.

Speaking to Good Morning Britain today, Alex revealed: "I was genuinely just waiting to die.

"I just kept hoping the next day, maybe there would be one less hit on the head, or one less stab.

"If I didn't get boiling water... it would be a far better day than the day before."

The young man revealed he had been in "survival mode" throughout the years of abuse.

He said: "To be honest with you, I never thought about leaving.

"It was just purely 'is the next day going to be better than the last'. It was survival mode."

The dad said he was constantly protecting himself, explaining: "It was like a boxer in the ring - keep your hands up at all times."

'HE'S BEING ABUSED'
Alex's horrific ordeal was exposed in BBC show Abused By My Girlfriend, which was narrated by the brave dad.

The young dad thanked the officer who came back to check on him after an initial report of a domestic in 2017 had saved his life.

In an interview with the documentary, Sgt Ed Finn said: "As soon as I saw him in the light of day, the state of him to be honest, the countless injuries all over his body, the fact he had these horrible dirty clothes on, he was pale, thin, I thought this is what I think it is...he's being abused."

Sgt Finn took Alex upstairs with the footage showing him asking Alex about the horrific abuse he suffered at the hands of his ex-girlfriend.

He says: "Dude, have you been assaulted or anything like that?

Alex replies: "No, no assault, nothing. it was just arguing. We're just so stressed out."

Sgt Finn asks: "Are you 100 per cent sure Alex?"

But Alex replies: "Yes. I'm 100 per cent sure."

When alone in the police officer's car, brave Alex opened up about the three years of abuse he suffered as Worth was arrested on suspicion of assault.

Medics who checked him over said he only had 10 days to live, and that he was suffering from hydrocephalus - a build-up of fluid inside the skull - caused by the blunt objects hit at his head.

Alex today admitted "anything" could have happened if the officer had not come back to check on him.

He said: "I would have died.

"I wouldn't be here now."

'BLOOD EVERYWHERE'
Dramatic bodycam footage cops released to the BBC shows the moment they discovered "blood everywhere" in the home Alex shared with his ex in Luton.

Officers had been called to the house by neighbours who heard a fight and found injured Alex sat with a towel wrapped around his arm on the stairs.

Worth also revealed how she hit Alex with a hairbrush - causing him to lose a tooth - and told officers she battered him with a hammer with "never hurt him".

In the documentary, Alex revealed how he felt like he couldn't escape after meeting Worth through friends in June 2012.

He was left smitten but her controlling behaviour soon crept in and the pair would have constant arguments.

They broke up after Worth snapped his sim card in half but she dropped the bombshell she was pregnant, and gave birth to their son in May 2014.

Alex tried to keep away from Worth but wrongly believed motherhood had changed her and they soon moved in together.

But Worth began to control his life once more and cut off contact between Alex and his family and friends by controlling his phone and social media accounts.

She also played sick mind games and once lied to him about his beloved granddad dying - leaving him in tears.

On another occasion, during a trip to Winter Wonderland, Jordan forced Alex to consume an entire pack of sleeping pills - and he has no idea how he got home.

She even tried to change his name by deed poll and made him sleep on the floor of their bedroom for nine months.